We're excited to announce the latest version of RezOvation GT, which is now available for any innkeepers who would like to try the new features before they are officially released. This version is stable, but is still undergoing internal testing. Please feel free to install and give us your feedback!
Click here to download the preview release of the RezOvation GT Summer 2010 update. Once you downloaded the update file, launch it and follow the prompts. Next, select Help > Install Updates, or simply start RezOvation GT and you will be prompted to install the update. The new version will be 5.8.
Here are some of the new features -
Discounts & Promotions
We added a brand-new discount & promotions system. This system allows you to:
- Create discounts of any amount including % or fixed discount on a room rate, free night, free extra, free package, and more.
- Apply any number of restrictions to a discount including blackout dates, min # nights, max # nights, repeat guest only, day of week, last minute, and more.
- Create special coupon / promotion codes and provide those to specific customers, or use them for a marketing campaign. These coupons can then be redeemed through the RezOvation Booking Engine or directly in the software for guests booking over the phone / checking in.
- Set up an automatic discount for the Booking Engine or for phone reservations. An automatic discount will then show up when the guest meets the necessary criteria - incenting them to book.
- Visit the user guide for more information.
Reservations & Customers
- We added a "Possible duplicates" filter to the Customer list to help you more easily identify duplicate customer records. You can then click and select any duplicates (click & drag, or CTRL click), and click the Merge button in the menu to merge them together.
- The Reservation referral source is now auto-populated with the Customer referral source, if the Customer has a referral source entered.
- Customer "Other Names" are now displayed in the contact info on the reservation.
- We added a new Comparison report, which allows you to compare Unit Revenue from one period to the next. This is similar to the "Unit Revenue Comparison" report in RezOvation Desktop, and gives you the ability to see how you are "pacing" from one year to the next. For example, you can compare how many reservations were booked as of July last year for last year's fall season, to how many reservations were booked as of July this year, for this fall.
- The Housekeeping report can now be grouped by housekeeper name. To create housekeeper names, first add the housekeeper(s) as a User under Configuration > Users.
- We added a report timeout setting, which allows you to increase the time that reports can run before timing out. This is useful if you have a larger database or many reservations and find that some of your reports fail to run.
- If you don't use Intuit Payments / QBMS to automatically take deposits, but you'd still like the RezOvation Booking Engine to indicate that a deposit is due, you can now configure the Booking Engine to display a deposit due / to be billed and then manually charge the deposit after the booking is made.
- If you have less than 10 rooms, we are now showing larger thumbnails for your rooms on the rooms list display. If you have 10 or more rooms, you can enable this setting from within Configuration > Booking Engine Settings.
- You can now sell room packages when using the Availability Calendar. Once a room is selected from the Availability Calendar, if a room package is available for the selected room, it will appear in the next step of the checkout.
- Online Gift Certificate sales delivery option can now be restricted to "ship only" or "email only".
Credit Card Processing
- You can now customize the batch close time for Intuit / QBMS credit card processing to whatever time you choose. This setting can be found under Configuration > Credit Card Settings.
- When entering a new connection ticket, RezOvation GT will verify that it is entered correctly before saving it.
- We added a new "must arrive on day" restriction to the packages configuration.
- You can now duplicate packages by clicking the Copy button from within the package configuration screen.
- You can now sign off from RezOvation GT without closing the application - just click File > Sign Off.
As always, we welcome your feedback.
Thanks for using RezOvation GT, and we hope you enjoy the new features!
- The RezOvation Team