We're excited to announce a preview release of the latest version of RezOvation GT. To get the update, download it here: http://downloads.rezovation.com/preview/rezovationgt_update.exe. After downloading the update file, open it and follow the instructions.
Here are some of the new features -
Please note: Booking Engine updates will be released soon. Please check back for details.
- We added a "Close window" link to the photo gallery pop-up.
- The Country selection on the Complete Order page will now default to whatever your country is set to for your property in RezOvation GT (e.g. USA).
- Reservation notification emails will now include the amount of any deposit due, if you are not using the real-time credit card processing.
- The row heights (rooms) and column widths (dates) can now be resized. It works just like Microsoft Excel - simply hover your mouse over the line between your room names, or the line between the dates on the date header, and you will see a bi-directional arrow. Click and drag up/down to shrink/grow the room heights, or click and drag left/right to shrink/grow the date widths. See the wiki for more details.
- Rates on the occupancy map now only show whole numbers to save space (numbers after the decimal point will no longer appear), and the rate will disappear if you shrink the date widths below a certain point to ensure readability. To enable / disable rates on the occupancy map, go to the Configuration section and click the link for "Lists, Occupancy Map ..."
- We added a new "Clean / Dirty" feature for the Occupancy Map. To turn on this feature, go to the Configuration section, and click the link for "Custom Colors". There is a check box to turn on the clean/dirty color, and you can also configure the color used for the dirty status. When enabled, the room title on the occupancy map will be overlayed with the dirty color, if the room is dirty. To learn more about this feature, please visit the wiki.
Reports, Letters, & Email
- We added a "cancel" button to the "generating report" window that appears when you run a report.
- We added a "from" name in the email settings, so that you can configure how your emails are titled. e.g. you can enter "From The Hill Country Inn" to further customize the "from" field for any emails that are sent. This is set from the Configuration section, under "Email".
- We added a new code to Group Folios for Average Rate. The code is: [sAvgRate] . This will display the average rate for all rooms in the group.
- We added a report timeout setting, which can be useful if you have a large amount of data or you are running a report for a long period and sometimes experience errors. To change the report timeout, go to the Configuration section and click the link for "Reports".
- You can now choose whether reports / letters are opened in the foreground or in the background. To change this setting go to the Configuration section and click the link for "Reports".
- We added a setting which allows you to record BedandBreakfast.com direct deposit payments either on arrival date, or departure date. To change this setting go to the Configuration section and click the link for "Reports".
- We added a new Accounts Payable report, which will show the detail of any Payables outstanding.
- You can now generate the Accounts Receivable and Payable reports for a single day. This allows you to see a "snapshot" of activity for a single day, instead of seeing all the historical activity through the date of the report.
- You can now generate the Advance Deposits report for a single day. This allows you to see a "snapshot" of activity for a single day, instead of seeing all the historical activity through the date of the report.
Guests & Reservations
- Guests that are assigned to a room in a reservation, but which are not the "Primary" guest on the reservation, are now linked to the reservation. What this means is that when you assign a guest to a room in a reservation you can now see the reservation in their Guest record from the Guests/Customers list.
- We now show the room abbreviation on the Edit Room and Edit Reservation screen, if your system is configured to use Room Types (RMO2 or RMO3).
- Database indexes can now be auto-rebuilt, to ensure peak database performance. Please contact support for details and to enable this feature.
- If you are using BedandBreakfast.com Online Reservations, and you modify your Rack rate, you will now get a warning reminding you to update your BedandBreakfast.com rate. You can hide this warning at any time, or re-enable it via the Configuration section (click the link for "Lists, Occupancy Map ...")
As always, we welcome your feedback.
Thanks for using RezOvation GT, and we hope you enjoy the new features!
- The RezOvation Team